Founded in 1991, AdCare Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ADK) is a self-managed healthcare real estate investment company that invests primarily in real estate purposed for senior living and long-term healthcare through facility lease and sub-lease transactions. The company currently owns, leases or manages for third parties, 29 facilities.
- Founded 1991, AdCare went public in 2006 and currently trades on the NYSE MKT (ADK)
- In July 2014, the company announced its plan to transition from an owner and operator of skilled nursing facilities to a healthcare property holding and leasing company
- Similar to REIT, portfolio consists of long-term, triple-net leases that generate predictable, recurring streams of rental payments
- Growing pipeline of portfolio expansion opportunities
- Strong management team with the financial and operational experience to expand the portfolio and grow the business
See important discussion about risks associated with forward-looking statements in the public filings made by AdCare with the Securities and Exchange Commission.